Lance is a Canberra bush dancer and this is Lance's blog. Home page: canberradance.org

Lance is ex-President of the Monaro Folk Society and the older comments are from that period. For information about the MFS and its activities, please see mfs.org.au

If you wish to comment on this blog, please click the link marked "no comments" to be the first to comment, or the link marked with the number of comments at the end of the item. If your comment does not appear within a few hours, please email me.

If you have technical difficulties in posting comments, please email them clearly marked "for posting on the canberradance blog".

canberradance(at)gmail(dot)com

16 February 2011

Freedom of Speech

My writings in this blog are my factually based and sincerely held opinion. I take no responsibility for comments posted here by others. I may disagree with some opinions expressed, but I will strongly defend everyone's right to freedom of speech.

Could I suggest polite comments? Offensive language can be a huge distraction, and offended readers aren't going to get your real message. If you disagree with someone, it’s appropriate to state your point of view, but never appropriate to use insults or personal remarks. It’s perfectly fine to offer constructive criticism, just be polite. If you see others writing disrespectful comments, ignore them. Paying attention will just encourage them.

I have never had to censor any comment, and hope I never have to. If I ever do, I cannot advise anonymous authors, but they will probably realise that their comment could not be published and may try again with something more appropriate. Most opinions, clearly identified, are okay, but false statements and disparaging remarks are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment