Lance is a Canberra bush dancer and this is Lance's blog. Home page: canberradance.org

Lance is ex-President of the Monaro Folk Society and the older comments are from that period. For information about the MFS and its activities, please see mfs.org.au

If you wish to comment on this blog, please click the link marked "no comments" to be the first to comment, or the link marked with the number of comments at the end of the item. If your comment does not appear within a few hours, please email me.

If you have technical difficulties in posting comments, please email them clearly marked "for posting on the canberradance blog".

canberradance(at)gmail(dot)com

25 July 2013

Moderation Mess Ctd(2)

The Lakesea bush dancers' weekend at the coast was a lovely weekend of bush walking and bush dancing, and other activities of folk's own choice like cycling and practising for the upcoming Scottish ball. Everyone had a great time and it is on again next year, all being well, on the Winter Solstice weekend of 21 June 2014. There are some pics and videos at http://dance.pcug.org.au/new.htm

We arrived home to find no improvement in the ongoing saga of the MFS Announce moderation mess. There in our inbox was the message that we had sent out the Sunday just over a week before, about the weekend that we just returned from (better late than never, well not really in this case) and another of our messages about Wongawilli that had been languishing who knows where. Intriguingly, the latter message was sent to MFS Announce as if it was not from us, but from the control person. I don't know how she managed to forward a message that was sent to MFS Announce from her own email account, and I don't know why she thinks I would want my messages to appear as if coming from her? I have written asking for an explanation.


There was also a pleasant enough email from the control person explaining some of the reasons behind previous delays. But she is in denial about the real reason, and that is the unfair and indefensible change to my status on MFS Announce. The reasons given so far are alleged but unsubstantiated complaints and a dislike of me expressing my opinion in this blog. Contrived reasons. My point is that, like all other regular contributors that are MFS members, we should not be relying on the health and availability of the control person or anyone else for the service to work. The ongoing campaign of harassment and abuse of power arising (I think) from a dislike of me expressing my opinion on this blog means that I am not interested in pleasantries - I want action and I want it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment